Due to government regulations and internal risk mitigation practices, Sterling is unable to provide services to any of the following:
- any individual, family member of an individual, government body or entity subject to sanctions (e.g. special designated persons) for the time being in force by the USA, EU, any country in which Sterling operates or recognized international body (e.g. United Nations, Financial Action Task Force, etc.);
- any person intending to establish an entity with Sterling to engage in a restricted activity;
- any person resident in a country that is subject to an embargo for the time being in force by the USA, EU, any country in which Sterling operates or recognized international body (i.e. Cuba, Iran and Syria as of 17/1/2018);
- any person resident in a country that has been labeled as a "non-cooperative jurisdiction" by the Financial Action Task Force (i.e. Iran and North Korea as of 17/1/2018);
- any person from a country subject to targeted sanctions (e.g. U.S. OFAC) for the time being enforced by the USA, EU, any country in which Sterling operates or recognized international body and intending to carry on activities which are subject to these targeted sanctions;
- any person who conducts business or intends to conduct business, whether directly or indirectly, with any person to which any of the aforementioned restrictions applies.
If you are unsure if any of the above will apply in your situation, you are encouraged to engage with us early on providing relevant names and information in order to avoid unnecessary time and fees.